What is email qualification?
Beyond the enrichment of your data, Dropcontact is an email address verification solution. Each email address provided is verified and qualified.
In this video, discover all about email qualification 👇
All emails are composed of an address and a domain.
It represents the nature of the email address and can be :
- Professional and therefore associated with a company website 👉 for example ikea.com
- Private and therefore associated with personal email boxes like 👉 gmail.fr, hotmail.fr, yahoo.fr...
- Invalid or false and not existing 👉 for example fakedomaine.com
This is the identity of your contact and can be of several natures :
- Nominative: the address is associated with a person 👉 ex: mathieu.bernard@
- Catch-all: the domain is set in a way that makes the email address unverifiable. More info here!
- no_validated: email address present in your CRM, unverifiable at the moment
- Generic: These addresses are based on roles or functions like 👉 admin@, support@, contact@...
- Random/disposable: these addresses are fake or used as tests, they are neither associated with a person nor with a company.
- Invalid: these addresses do not exist.
The different possible qualifications
|Email Qualification||Signification||Our recommendation|
|nominative@perso||This is a private email address (Gmail, Yahoo, etc).||In accordance with the GDPR, the owner of this personal email must have given their consent to receive a commercial solicitation.|
||This is a verified and correct business email address, the validity rate is 98%.||You can shoot this email address without any problem in your cold email campaigns.|
|catch-all@pro||Business email address whose domain is verifiable by NO OTHER solution on the market. The validity rate is between 80 and 90%.||The best is to include them in your campaigns because it represents 30% of business opportunites.|
|generic@pro||This is a generic or department email "email@example.com".|| We don't recommend shooting them because you don't know who you are addressing.
They do not belong to a person but rather to a department.
|invalid@pro||The domain is valid but the pattern is not correct.||We recommend not to shoot it because it does not exist.|
|invalid domain||The domain email doesn't exist.||We don't recommend shooting it because the business domain doesn't exist. 😉|
|no_validated||Email address present in your CRM, unverifiable at the moment.||You can shoot it if you are sure of its validity.|
Example and color code
To allow you to visualize the qualification of your file at a glance, the email addresses found and corrected are also color-coded.